Monday, June 3, 2013

I am serving in Orpington, and my trainer's name is Sister Paulsen. She is from Denmark! She's amazing. All of the other missionaries and members absolutely love her. She has been serving for 15 months and she is the kind of person I want to be at the end of my mission. We get along really well, and I am learning a lot from her.

We have been crazy busy ever since I got here. On Wednesday we left Staines after the transfer meeting was over and traveled straight to the chapel in Orpington for a teaching appointment. Then, we went to the institute dinner with a lot of the YSAs so I met a lot of people from the ward. It was kind of scary. I was so nervous the first time I introduced myself that I said my first name accidentally. 

We have been teaching a lot! There is so much potential in this area, and the ward members are very involved in missionary work and willing to sacrifice anything to help the Church grow. 

On Saturday Amy was baptized. It was an incredible experience. I felt the Spirit so strongly, and she was just glowing. You could just see how much joy she was feeling. Sunday was a wonderful day as well, Amy was confirmed and we had an area 70 visit our ward. I feel so blessed to be here. 

I'm learning that missionary work is extremely difficult and demanding, but also incredibly rewarding. I feel like every day I get to participate in a miracle, and I am so blessed to do so. 

-Sister Ernenwein

No comments:

Post a Comment