Sunday, December 23, 2012

more BYU fun!

I know I am the worst blogger ever (I should probably be fired), but the weeks between Thanksgiving and Finals at BYU were totally crazy. There was so much to study, papers to write, and of course a social life to be had. Needless to say that's my excuse for not updating my blog in so long. Here's a quick list of some of the highlights of my last few weeks of my first semester.



My ward had an indexing competition for the entire month of November. It actually turned out to be really fun. We had indexing parties, and every time I wanted to take a break from studying I would index a batch or two and then go back to my home work. My hall lost the contest, but I still reached my personal goal! We are having a rematch in March so the 3200 hall better watch out!


We went to the Killers concert. They are just as good live!



 Then we had our own rock band. Unfortunately we weren't quite as good as the Killers. 


 There was a big formal dance in Helaman. A large group of kids from my ward all went together. It was really fun!
 roommates!


 The whole group from my ward. 


 This is the signature pose of our hall. There's a long story that goes with it too....

funny faces

 all the girls



Some boys from my ward dressed up as Santa's elves and came over with a shopping cart covered in Christmas lights and full of presents for all the girls in the ward. They got all the gifts from someone's attic and then wrote silly notes and attached them to the presents. We then each had to pick one randomly out of the cart. It was a really fun surprise. 



 One day during finals week it snowed a few inches. We ditched our studying for a few hours and went sledding instead. It was really fun, and we weren't the only BYU kids there. We met some kids who carried a mattress all the way up the hill to try and sled down on. Unfortunately for them it didn't work-at all. We ended the night with a huge snow fight. This picture is terrible but its the only one we took. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment