Thursday, December 13, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I love Christmas time! In my opinion it is truly one of the best times of the year. When I came back to BYU after Thanksgiving break there were Christmas decorations all over campus! Christmas trees, Christmas lights, garlands, and Christmas wreaths. My roommate even brought a mini Christmas tree to our room and made a wreath for our door. Last weekend we also got to go see the lights at Temple Square. It was my first time, and I loved it! Everything looks beautiful, and to make it all even better it snowed a few inches this week so the mountains are white again. That adds a lot to the Christmas spirit. I have spent all of my Christmases in New England so it never truly feels like Christmas time unless there is snow. 



While I do love the music, decorations, and parties what I love the most about Christmas time is that it gives us an opportunity to reflect on the atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ. It is a time when we can turn to Him and remember all that He has done for us. 


Last weekend I had the opportunity to watch the First Presidency Christmas devotional with the members of my ward. It was a great way to start the Christmas season. The members of the First Presidency of the Church discussed ways that we can be good at both giving and receiving. I especially loved how President Uchtdorf talked about being better at receiving gifts. A lot of times I can get so caught up in getting presents and thinking about which ones were my favorites; I can forget that sometimes a small gift to me can be a big sacrifice for the person who gives it. So this year I'm going to work on being more grateful and recognizing the thought and effort that goes into the gifts I receive. 

my FHE group at our ward Christmas Party


No comments:

Post a Comment