Friday, August 31, 2012

First day(s) of school!

I love all of my classes! I think they are going to be a lot of work, but it will be completely doable and probably even fun. I've learned so much just in the first few days, and I'm totally enjoying it! I am once again grateful for my Worcester Academy education because I feel pretty prepared academically. Everyone on campus is super nice. I've been totally lost probably 3 or 4 times and each time an upperclassman has walked me to the building I was looking for after I just asked them to point me in the right direction. My professors are all great too! My Writing teacher has even invited us to her house to present our essays to each other at a dinner party. The best part of learning at BYU though is that we get to talk about the gospel in all of our classes, not just religion class. In every single one of my classes we have had at least a short discussion on how the gospel or a particular scripture relates to what we are learning. It motivates me to learn more and to do better. The professors aren't just teaching us so that we can go out into the world and make money. They truly want to helps us get as much knowledge as we can because we will be able to use it both to help others in this life and have happiness in the next.  There is no separation of church from anything. I've always felt like the gospel was a part of everything I did (or I at least tried to make it that way), but now it is totally obvious that God truly does have His hand in everything. 
The BYU campus is so beautiful! I'll never be sick of looking at this everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment