Saturday, September 1, 2012

Football home opener!


Thursday night was the first football game. BYU crushed Washington State 30-6! It was really fun too. We were worried because just before the game it poured rain so we thought it would rain the whole time. Luckily the rain only lasted for about 10 minutes and it was dry for pretty much the whole game! Everyone in the student section stands up for literally the entire game. The boys in front of us scolded us for sitting down during a time out. I also need to get better at the BYU fight song. I don't really know any of the words, but I have an all sports pass so I'll have plenty of chances to learn it! There isn't really any professional sports teams out here so everyone gets super excited about college football! It was also nice to be at a big game where no one was drunk :)  We were exhausted by the end of the game. When we left it was after 11 and the 4th quarter had just started. This first week has been so much fun but so busy!
 Roommates <3


 Because it was raining when we walked over I decided not to bring my nice camera. I regretted that decision when it didn't rain the entire time.  



 The crazy student section!
Fireworks before the game!

1 comment:

  1. FUN! They don't ave pro teams because people love their college teams so much. I don't think a professional team would survive a college sports loving town like Provo. :-)

    ReplyDelete