Friday, September 14, 2012

BYU weeks 2 & 3

This week has been super busy! I'll just give you some of the highlights. Last Tuesday night Hayley and I were on a huge sugar high so we hiked the Y in the dark with some of our new friends. It was so fun. Its way better at night than during the day. 







Friday night I was roommateless for the frist time, but luckily I found some things to do. I went to the volleyball game with some of the girls on our hall. It was super fun! I liked it even better than the football game. After the game there was another dance!



Saturday I went tubing on the Provo river with some friends! The water was freezing but we all had tons of fun. The tubes kept crashing into rocks and trees so we would all grab onto each other and try not to crash into them. We ended up making a huge rafts by pushing all the tubs together and holding onto them.  I also had my first In 'n Out burger, and I honestly wasn't impressed. I don't understand why everyone loves In 'n Out so much. It wasn't bad but it definitely wasn't great either. I think 5 Guys is way better.


all the girls!






The whole group!




Sunday I had to teach in Relief Society for the first time. I was terrified because I had never taught a church class other than my mom's 8 year old primary kids. Luckily we decided to split up the lesson between all four of us so I only had to teach for about 10 minutes and it went pretty well. Sunday there was also a CES Fireside by Elder Holland. We were all excited because we had thought he was coming to the Marriott Center, but it was really just a broadcast. It was still a great fireside, and we got to watch it in our PJs on the TV in our lobby :) If you have time it is definitely worth watching or reading online! Sunday at ward prayer we also got to meet our new home teachers. It seems weird to me that I'm going to have my own home teachers who are the same age as me, but they are really nice and I'm sure they'll do a great job.

Monday we got to meet our family home evening groups. My group seems so fun! I'm excited to have FHE with them every week.

my FHE group playing the laughing game


Tuesday there was another devotional that was really good! Every week there is either a devotional (religious speaker) or forum (scholarly speaker). It reminds me a little bit of going to Tuesday assemblies every week at WA.

Wednesday I went with some friends to a dance performance on campus! It was really awesome. It featured different dancing styles from all around the world, and the dancers were fantastic! It was kind of funny to see a bunch of white Mormons performing Indian dances, but they did a really good job with it!
We weren't supposed to take any pictures at EviDance so this is the only one I got. 


Last night there was another girls' soccer game. They won again! We left when there was about 5 minutes left in the game and as we were waling out a soccer ball went flying over the hedges. So after a brief discussion of whether or not keeping it would be against the honor code my friend Eliza got to take it back. So now we have a game ball!
There was a photo booth at the game so we all piled in and tried to take a picture together. This was the result! 



So I've been so busy! I had four papers due this week on top of all of this fun :) This weekend Hayley's little sister is visiting us so it should be another busy next few days too!

2 comments:

  1. Life as a college student sounds like loads of fun.
    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eccas i miss you!! everything is going good here and it sounds like your having alot of fun at BYU i can't wait until we see each other at thanksgiving!!!
    love,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete