Saturday, September 1, 2012

I love shopping especially in Utah


Fridays are my days off from class. I need to learn to use them a little more productively. Hayley had class at 8 so I was awake when she left and figured I'd go to sleep for another hour or so and then get up. When I finally did wake up it was 11:30. I never sleep in that late. I'm always that awkward kid at sleepovers who is up early and has to wait around for hours before anyone else gets out of bed. I guess I was totally burnt out from having so much fun every night. I had a whole plan to get ahead on all my reading assignments and clean my room, but none of that happened. Instead I went to lunch with a couple of friends from home (I did get some laundry done though) and then went shopping with my roommate and some of our new friends on our hall. I always love shopping, but shopping in Utah is fantastic. The sales are a lot better, there are way more modest clothes, and they have pretty much all the same stores as there are on the East Coast plus a few better ones. Even the thrift store (DI) was nice!  Grace found a really fancy dress that looks like its never been worn for 15 dollars. Hayley and I have promised each other we won't go shopping for at least another couple of weeks because we both spent too much! I'm glad I have a shopping buddy though :) The biggest problem with shopping here is trying to find things. I've gotten so lost just driving around. The grid system is good in theory but when there is 800 N in Provo and 800 N in Orem only a mile away its so easy to be on the  wrong one. Also when people give you directions they only tell you to go North, South, East, or West they won't tell you any landmarks and they hardly use left and right either. Street names are also pretty much useless because they are all numbers. One of the only ones that isn't is University but for some reason they felt the need to make both a University Ave and a University Parkway which are two different roads that go in different directions but are in the same city. I can navigate around Boston so well, but I am totally lost here.  When we got back from shopping there was another dance party going on at Helaman field. They sure like to have dances all the time here. Once again we only went for the free ice cream and we made out like bandits. They gave us an entire box of ice cream sandwiches to take back with us! Good thing we had just learned how to make our freezer work about 20 minutes before. We danced to a few songs, but both Hayley and I aren't really into dances with tons of people (we can't figure out how dances will happen in the winter they have all been outside) and our ice cream was melting. 

 Hayley smuggling the box of ice cream out of the dance!


No comments:

Post a Comment