Monday, May 13, 2013

Conference Weekend

Twice a year members of the church hear from the general authorities in general conference. It is a great experience. There are four two hour general sessions throughout the weekend (two on Saturday and two on Sunday). On Saturday a group from my ward went to Salt Lake City. We stood in the stand by line for the morning session, but we didn't get in so we just watched in the tabernacle.
Saturday Morning in the standby line

watching in the tabernacle!

Temple Square on conference weekend is a happening place



But I had tickets for the afternoon session so Adelynn and I got to watch it in the Conference Center! It was so cool. After conference, we went out for dinner in Salt Lake and then did a little shopping at the mall.
inside the conference center
this picture turned out kind of blurry but I love this girl!


Sunday we stayed in our PJs ALL day.
conference party in my room!


I love general conference. I know that the church is true and that its leaders are inspired men and women. They tell us exactly what Heavenly Father wants us to hear. Some of my favorite talks were from Sister DaltonPresident UchtdorfPresident Monson, and Elder Holland. You can also watch the highlights from all of the sessions here, and if you send me an e-mail I can recommend a talk I think you would like :)



























No comments:

Post a Comment