Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I only have about 5 minutes to e-mail today. I may also be able to e-mail tomorrow once I get to my new area, but I'm not sure. Tomorrow morning I'm leaving the MTC! The time has flown by and I will really miss it. I am so sad to leave my district, and even more sad to leave my companion. She is going to the same mission as me though so hopefully we will be able to see each other occasionally. All the missionaries going to London South are going to meet at a chapel in Staines. There we will meet our Mission President and trainer. I only have a few minutes, but I wanted to share an experience my companion and I had this week. We had been teaching loads of fantastic lessons to our investigators, but then Friday night we just couldn't teach anymore. We taught two awful lessons! We couldn't speak, it was awkward, we didn't know what we were doing.I couldn't even speak during the lesson. I felt horrible, but then after talking to one of the teachers we realized that the reason we couldn't teach anymore was because we had forgotten whose work it was. We realized that we had mistakenly thought that we were getting good at teaching. We aren't really the teachers; we can only teach because Heavenly Father has given us the ability to. If we forget that He will take it away from us. This isn't our work. It is His! Yesterday we taught the best lesson we ever have! It was our fist time meeting the investigator and he accepted invitations to read the BOM, pray, go to church and be baptized! It was a great way to end (it was our last time teaching together)! I love this church, and I know it is true!

-Sister Ernenwein

You may get another e-mail tomorrow, but if not don't worry. I'm not sure what day p-day will be in my mission; it's probably Monday though.

No comments:

Post a Comment