Thursday, May 16, 2013

The MTC is beautiful, and the countryside even more so. The building is really nice, and there's a big pond out in the front. You can probably find some pictures online. We are allowed to go anywhere we want in the temple complex during our free time which includes the MTC a chapel where we can go play volleyball and basketball, and the Preston temple grounds.
The MTC has a big meeting room, classrooms, and offices on the first floor. Downstairs there are more classrooms, a cafeteria, and a workout room. Upstairs are the dorms and living areas.
Everyone is jetlagged, but they told us we shouldn't take any long naps because it will make it worse. My companion isn't here yet so I've been assigned temporarily to a trio with the other two girls who are going to share a room with my companion and I. Their names are Sister Allred and Sister West, and they are both super nice! Sister Allred is from Utah and Sister West is from California.
They gave us a checklist of things to do today, like interview with a member of the MTC presidency, meet the medical advisor, and fill out a questionaire. My companions and I just finished all of that stuff though so we have the rest of the day free to unpack, excersise, and walk around the temple. Then we have orientation later tonight.
Missionaries are coming in from the airport through out the day today, and some will be here tomorrow. In total, there will be 64 of us, and we will all be going to either the England London Mission or the England London South Mission.
The MTC Presidency and their wives are incredibly nice, and because we have such a small group we will be able to get to know them pretty well.
I love it here already, and I'm looking forward to learning more each day.
 
Love you lots,
Sister Ernenwein
 
P.S. My P-Days are going to be on Wednesdays while I'm in the MTC so expect an e-mail then! I get about a half an hour for e-mailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment