Friday, April 5, 2013

What my Savior did for me

In my New Testament class this week we studied 2 Corinthians. One verse that we discussed in my class that really stood out to me was Chapter 5 verse 21. It states, “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him”. This verse describes how Christ, who had never sinned and did not know what it was like had to experience what sin felt like so that He could redeem us from our sins. To me that is so powerful, that someone who had lived a perfect life and never had to know the sorrow and anguish of sins or the pain of guilt was willing to experience it to save us. I am so grateful for my Savior who was willing to suffer for me. I am glad to know that he knows everything I have experienced, and that through Him it is possible for me to return to live with my Father in Heaven. I know that Jesus Christ did live, and that His Atonement and suffering are real. He was wiling to suffer infinitely for us—because he loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment